ESD Safe Compliant BarCode Scanners (1D/2D/Corded/Cordless)
1. Specifically designed to satisfy the strict
requirements of clean rooms, static safe
manufacturing environments and any
other situation that requires electro static
2. Available in both corded and cordless versions, bases also coated in cordless versions.
3. Developed to satisfy strict EPA requirements (ESD Protected Area).
4. Coated with conductive materials engineered to eliminate the build up of dangerous static charge on the scanner
5. Internal wiring to quickly drain the charge from any other object to which it comes in contact.What is ESD?
ESD, simply stated, is the rapid transfer of an electrostatic charge between two objects. ESD happens when two objects of different potentials come into direct contact with each other. Charging results when one object’s surface gains electrons to become negatively charged and another object loses electrons from its surface to become positively charged. Triboelectric charging occurs when an electron transfer results from two objects coming into contact with each other and then separating. One of three events is usually the cause of ESD damage to devices: direct electrostatic discharge to the device; electrostatic discharge from the device or induced discharges.ESD Housing Product Features:
– resistant to hand moisture, body oils, chemicals, Lubricating and cutting oils, and hydraulic fluids.
– StaticPaint R (black) dries to a hardness of 2H. Taber abrasion CS 1Q7 wheel with 1000 gram weight, (2.2 lbs.) rubbed 1000 cycles, small rubbing of face material is not noticeable.
– Gloss coating that provides superior appearance, conductivity and durability. ESD Coated Housing – surface resistivity is less than 1,000,000 Ohms per square, insuring that areas of wear greater than 1 inch square, will still have a reduction of the conductivity to well below 10 to the 11th impedance.Honeywell 1300 ESD Safe Bar Code Scanner Data Sheet (.pdf 327KB)
Honeywell Xenon 1900 & 1902 ESD Safe Bar Code Scanners Data Sheet (.pdf 327KB)
The quality of your barcode scanning equipment is critical to your bottom line. Our ESD scanners are safe for close-proximity scanning, allowing the tracking of electronic components in each stage of production without risk of ESD events.
Honeywell ESD Solutions provide:
Flexible: Corded, cordless (Bluetooth) and DPM models
Industrial Housing: Resistant to solvents, hand moisture, and more
Superior Durability: Coated with a conductive, polyurethane enamel
Light-Weight, Modern Design: Versatile for any hand size
Quality & Reliability: Two-year warranty on ESD coating
***FREE! Ground Shipping within the continental USA***